Lisa, now a retired military wife, who supported her husband through his Navy career to retirement is passionate about helping military wives and/or military couples build resiliency and faith into their homes. She understands the dynamics of a military marriage and raising a family in a complex lifestyle. And she knows how difficult it is being a Christian family in today’s military. Lisa shares generously her knowledge and experiences about how faith made the difference during the challenges, disappointments, as well as the moments of bliss being married to a man in uniform.
Lisa’s journey to the life as a military wife came about as a result of a “new thing” God did in her life when she was 24 years old (Isaiah 43:19). An encourager at heart, Lisa enjoys inspiring women to embrace the “new things” God brings into their lives as they live out their unique role as a military spouse. Her gentle, warm and down home style connects with women and will encourage military wives to believe in their hearts that with God they can do this lifestyle and that it is possible, as a military spouse to bear, believe, hope, and endure all things” (1 Corinthians 13:7).
Using her H.E.A.R.T formula, Lisa shares about the spiritual principles found in the Psalms of Ascent and their unique application to military members and their families. Lisa is available for speaking at various events for military wives, women engaged to service members, military couples, as well as single active duty women with children.
- Military Wives Support Groups (Breakfasts, luncheons or teas)
- Church Women’s Events, particularly if they offer a military ministry.
- Military Wives Retreats
- Military Couples Retreats and Seminars
- Non-profit Military Spouse/family support organizations
- One Day seminars/conferences
- Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS)
- Rotary Clubs
Faith Steps for Military Families–Spiritual Readiness from the Psalms of Ascent
Lisa speaks about the central themes in her book:
- Is God your 24/7 Night Watchman?
- The threat of a complacent faith
- Remembering good times but on hold for more
- Why prayer really does matter
- How God defends His own
- Knowing and trusting the One who keeps your loved one’s life
- Honoring God through your service
- How unity leads to blessings and resiliency
- The link between humility and contentment
- Why is it important to bless God
- Arming your family by building a godly foundation for your home
From Lisa’s Heart
Starting in my teens and lasting through to my early 30’s, God allowed me to go through a literal wilderness experience that resulted in years of sorrow and deep anguish–that ultimately had a heartbreaking outcome in my young life. Although God knew it was coming, as a young adult, I wasn’t equipped spiritually enough to know how to be an overcomer. I only had one person with great faith in my life and right in the middle of this wilderness experience, God took that one person home. Crushed, it forced me to place my dependence of God. And as time went on, He put certain people with just the right skills that I needed into my life– in my path, to support and steer me into the loving arms of Jesus’ unconditional embrace. This difficult experience that came early in my life became the basis of my life verse, “I am about to do a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert” (Isaiah 43:19).
If it had not been for the Lord and His Word, I wouldn’t have experienced His sufficient grace in light of a tremendous loss. For this reason, it is my heart’s desire to not only make Jesus known among the ladies who stand by their husband’s in faithful support, but to desire to walk closely with Him in all the “new things” He does in your life. Not all “new things” will be wonderful, nor will they all be hard, like in my case, but if we view the experience from God’s perspective–an eternal perspective, God uses it to move you into the direction of His will. In hard times, when the military life gets down right hard and seems unfair, God can be depended on. He doesn’t abandon those who depend on Him. If you follow Him, He’ll lead you through the hard seasons of the military life. He will make a way in any type of wilderness. Trust Him, He’s had plenty of experience.
Other topics Lisa speaks on are:
- Embracing this “new thing” God is doing in your life as a military wife
- The emotional cycle of deployments
- Depending on God when the going gets hard
- Money Management
- Ways to stay connected with your spouse during deployments
- Establishing routines for you and your children during deployments
- Managing stress and anxiety
- When there’s contempt in the extended family
- Learning to ask for help, and other topics
Inquire about Speaking
If you would like more information about Lisa speaking at your event, please fill out the from below or call 360-631-6625.